Offline Outlook data file (OST) is a local system file that keeps a synced copy of your mailbox information, such as emails, attachments, contacts, notes, journals, and so on. Only an authorized Exchange/IMAP account can access the OST file. To open, view, or import items from an offline Outlook data file, you must have access to the IMAP Outlook or MAPI profile that is synced with the OST file. The OST file, however, becomes unavailable if the Exchange server fails if the mailbox is deleted or disconnected from the Exchange server. In such instances, you can use a third-party OST to PST converter program to access the OST file and for Opening OST file into Outlook Data File.
Methods for Opening or Importing Items from an Offline Outlook Data File (OST)
You can use any of the methods listed below to kconvert OST to PST.
1) Save your Outlook Mailbox Items as a PST File.
Opening OST file into Outlook or OST into another Outlook profile, use the Import/Export Wizard to export the mailbox items to Outlook importable PST format. The procedure is as follows:
- In Microsoft Outlook 2007,
- Navigate to File > Import and Export.
- In Microsoft Outlook 2010,
- Go to File > Open > Import.
- In Outlook 2013, 2016, or 2019, for example,
- Navigate to File > Open & Export and select Import/Export.
- Click the Next button after selecting Export to a file.
- Select ‘Outlook Data File (.pst)’. and then click ‘Next.’
- Select the necessary emails and email folders to open or import, and then check the Include Subfolders box (if required). Then press the Next button.
- Click the Browse option to select a save location, then click Next to proceed.
- Enter your password here (optional). You can also save the items from the offline Outlook data file to PST format by clicking OK without entering the password.
- You can now open or import items from the PST file into any Outlook profile.
2) On the Desktop, Drag and Drop Emails.
Drag & drop individual emails from your Outlook account to Desktop or any folder is one of the simplest ways to open or import them. This saves the email as an .EML or email file that you can open or import into any Outlook profile.
When you need to open or import a few emails, this method is advised. The procedure is as follows:
- Open Outlook and then choose the email to open or import.
- Hold down the mouse button on the email and drag it to the Desktop or any folder of your choice.
- Drop the email and store it as xxx.eml by releasing the mouse button.
- You can now copy the.eml file to another computer and double-click it to access it in Outlook.
These methods are ineffective when Outlook’s profile is currently inaccessible. Offline Outlook data file (OST) is inaccessible, orphaned, or inactive. Furthermore, the saved or exported mailbox items or emails from offline Outlook data files using the methods described above can only be retrieved via MS Outlook.
You can also use an OST Viewer tool or an OST to PST converter software, such as EmailDoctor Converter for OST, to access or import things from offline Outlook data files through multiple applications, such as a web browser, text reader, or PDF viewer.
The program may assist you in opening emails from an OST file and converting mailbox contents from an OST file, including inaccessible, orphaned, or inactive OST, to PST and a variety of other formats, including HTML, EML MSG, PDF, and RTF.
Make use of the OST to PST Converter Tool.
When manual methods of Opening OST file into Outlook or OST fail, an OST to PST Converter software, such as Stellar Converter for OST, comes in helpful. Furthermore, the software can convert any OST file, including inaccessible, inactive, encrypted, or orphaned OST, to PST and a variety of other formats, including EML, MSG, RTF, HTML, and PDF, with no file size limitation.
You can also utilize the Batch Conversion option (available in the Technician edition of the software) to convert numerous OST files to PSTs at the same time. In addition to PST, you can import emails and things from an OST file directly into Office 365 and the live Exchange server.
Download the free demo version of Stellar Converter for OST to learn more about it. You can open and evaluate any OST file for free with the demo version. You can access and preview an unlimited number of emails. To save emails in PST or other formats, such as Office 365 or live Exchange, you must first activate the software.
The five methods listed above can assist you in opening or importing things from an offline Outlook data file (.ost). Manual procedures should be used to open or import items from accessible or active OST files. If the OST is inaccessible, you can open, preview, and convert things from offline Outlook data files to PST and other numerous formats using any of the three programs.
This post was created with our nice and easy submission form. Create your post!